Yamaha S70XS New Standard in Performance Keyboards Honolulu HI
Digital Piano, Electronic Keyboard, Organs, Drums & Percussion, Sound Reinforcement, Recording Equipment, Guitars & Fretted Instruments, Print Music, DJ Equipment
Acoustic Piano, Digital Piano, Electronic Keyboard, Organs
Acoustic Piano, Digital Piano, Electronic Keyboard, Print Music
Instrument Rental: Yes
Instrument Repair Information
Factory Authorized Digital Piano Repair
Also available, acoustic piano tuning and repair.
Open 7 Days
Acoustic Piano, Digital Piano, Electronic Keyboard, Drums & Percussion, Sound Reinforcement, Guitars & Fretted Instruments, DJ Equipment
Acoustic Piano, Digital Piano, Electronic Keyboard, Organs, Band & Orchestral, Guitars & Fretted Instruments, Print Music
Electronic Keyboard, Recording Equipment, Guitars & Fretted Instruments
Yamaha S70XS New Standard in Performance Keyboards
1. Performance Creator lets you roll your own splits, layers, and drum performance setups with minimum button pushing.
2. Dedicated octave-shift and transpose buttons are placed so you could hit them with a free finger of a hand that’s playing a chord.
3. These backlit buttons select parts of splits and layers, and turn them on or off.
4. Just below, these buttons activate and latch the arpeggiator for each of the four independent parts.
5. These toggle buttons select which four parameters the knobs control (filter/envelope, EQ, etc.), so you’re never more than one click away from the function you want.
6. Faders have four pages of functions: volume and panning for parts, and sends for the master chorus and reverb.
7. There’s enough real estate here to park a small laptop or a tabletop synth module.
8. DAW Remote button turns the S70XS into a control surface for DP, Logic, or Sonar — or the included Cubase AI software, for which the integration goes especially deep.
Great sounds including stellar new S6piano. Super-easy to create splits andlayers on the fly. Expanded control surfacefunctionality for DAWs.
INFOS70XS (76 keys): $3,699 list/approx.$2,300 street; S90XS (88 keys):$3,799 list/approx. $2,400 street, yamahasynth.com
NEED TO KNOW
What are the best sounds in theS70XS? The new S6 piano and theentire Motif XS ROM, particularly keyboardsounds like EPs, Clavs, andanalog synths.
What does it have that previous S-seriessynths didn’t? That S6 piano,much easier creation of splits and layers,better realtime arpeggiator control,and more control surface ability.
Why would I get this instead of aworkstation or other ROMpler?Because it’s focused on features thatreally make live gigging easier — andthat piano sound we keep mentioningjust kills.
What’s the big deal with 76 keys?Don’t other keyboards come in thatsize? Yes, but the S70XS is the onlydeeply editable, do-it-all synth (asopposed to a vintage-keys clone,stage piano, or MIDI controller) weknow that has 76 fully-weighted keys.
How many effects can it do atonce? Eight inserts, send-basedreverb and chorus, last-in-the-chainmaster effect and EQ, plus EQ per multitimbralpart. In other words, you won’trun out, even with complex setups
I’ve had an S90 “classic” in my gigrig since 2003 , so I’m very familiar withthe interface, sounds, and features of thisoriginal S90 (reviewed Jan. ’03), whichwas based on the original Motif butfocused on live use. Then, the S90EScame on the heels of the Motif ES — bothhad double the polyphony and greatlyimproved sounds. Now, the XS generationof the S series offers not just the fullMotif XS sound set, but a gorgeous mainpiano sound you won’t find in the MotifXS. Also, Yamaha is consciouslyaddressing a couple of trends gleanedfrom user buzz: First, a perception thatthe S w...